- Brands Earth Probiotic
- Product Code: Soil Factory
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: R214.35
Our Earth Factory converts bokashi fermented food waste into soil. It really does! When ready, this living soil which is packed with nutrients, can be used for your pot plants or anywhere in your garden. This method of composting is called a soil factory. It’s very simple, undemanding and requires little space, making it ideal for balconies, small or no gardens.
You will need:
- Earth Factory bag.
- Your fermented bokashi bin (tap off the liquid first).
- Garden soil, used potting soil, compost or a blend of the three, to fill a 25L bin - same size as the bokashi food waste recycling bin.
- A tool to mix the contents such as a long handled garden fork or spade.
- A tray (or piece of cardboard) to place the Earth Factory on, if a patch of soil is not available.
- Pour 1/3 of your soil into the bag.
- Empty the contents of the bokashi bin into the bag and mix thoroughly with the middle 1/3 of soil.
- Pour the balance of the soil into the top 1/3 of the bag to cover the middle 1/3 completely.
- Zip the bag closed.
Let it sit and allow the microbes to do their work, simple as that!
Tip: Using garden soil and/or recycled potting soil works very well, but if you have access to compost, then add some. Compost add lots of additional beneficial microbes to the mix and speeds up the conversion into soil.
Here are a couple of videos to help you along.
Tags: soil factory